Monday, July 23, 2007

Going to the pub...

is very educational in Llandudno. Two conversations stood out last week: one I overheard to of the regulars in my local haunt discussing the merits of the single transferable voting system. I have never heard anyone in a pub discuss this in the 28 years I have been visiting the pub.

Two. I was joking that living on the side of the Orme was good news what with all the rain etc. I was told that last time llandudno flooded the water ran down the Orme flooding houses and gardens etc....so no more boasting and I am investing in buckets....

4 Comments:

Blogger Greg Lewis said...

Will be in Llandudno in September.

Could you suggest a nice pub, traditional but with food, perhaps near the Prom?

I'd prefer if it wasn't the one where people discuss the single transferable vote.

11:18 AM  
Blogger cymrumark said...

The cottage loaf is quite nice...although its tucked away a bit from the prom its not far.

Some people like the Palldium, next door to Loaf but I am not that keen.....try the Kings head on by the Tram station on the orme ...the Walk up church walks will build your appetite...or go the Queens head also on Church Walks and not so far up the hill...

are you at a conference? if so its a bit of a walk from the conference centre...

11:28 AM  
Blogger Oscar said...

What about the cafe in Asda Mark where you work??

4:17 PM  
Blogger cymrumark said...

Oscar....

Well apart from the fact that the cafe is not a pub....its quite pleasent although I dont actually work in the cafe I work on the night shift.

I have eaten there once or twice and it was quite good. However I am not sure it would be my first choice if I was a visitor.

The staff who work in the restaurant are quite friendly and chatty though...perhaps you should pop in some time OIscar :)

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home